Marathon Seafood Festival
Our annual premier event featuring fresh Florida Keys seafood, live entertainment and over 200 vendors. Come sea what its all about March 10-11, 2018!
Relocate to Paradise
It IS POSSIBLE to live & work in paradise here in the Islands of Marathon. Our Marathon Red Carpet Tours program is here to help you every step of the way; what are you waiting for?
If you are looking for job openings in Marathon and the Middle Florida Keys you can check our job availability below to find out how you can live and work in paradise!
Login to enter content
Various positions have opened up at TV88 inside our organization:
1. Business Management
2. Video Production of promotional and recap videos of local events,
3. www.MarathonFlorida.com and the other hundred local informational on-line directories which share the same menu bar,
4. Conch Records Music Video Fests around the Keys,
5. The Marathon Games – next up The Marathon Pentathlon (April 13, 2018),
6. Website design and managing as we do for www.KeyColonyBeach.net and other organizations in The Keys.
7. Manufacturing and Distribution of Digital Signage and Programming for local businesses,
and as of December 1st,
8. In charge of all programming at The Marathon Cinema other than the Featured Movies.
- Video Producers / Business Development
- On Camera personalities
(must be Florida Keys residents)
- Camera Operators
(to use our equipment)
(with their own equipment)
Who you will be working with:
The talented team of Video Production experts including a Program Director who has been with TV88 for 5 years – retired from being the Program Director for one of the major television networks.
If you have a good level of business experience, experience conducting business in The Florida Keys, you are talented with creativity, and either full time or part time you are looking to make a positive difference on a daily basis – send an email to cliff@MarathonFlorida.com
Entry Level Civil Engineer
Entry Civil / Land Development / Public Works / Transportation Engineer.
Monroe County (Marathon), Florida
· Training on how to design commercial, residential, mixed-use and industrial properties as well as transportation, utilities, and public works projects.
· Design work will focus on land development, public works, and transportation, including roadway plan and profiles, water resources, drainage design, sanitary sewer design, grading earthwork analysis, specifications, and preparation of cost estimates.
· Develop complete conceptual designs through construction documents.
· Perform mathematical, geometrical, and engineering computations.
· Work towards producing scale engineering drawings using AutoCad 2015/Civil 3D.
· Work towards designing detailed design drawings and related specifications using surveys and conceptual layouts.
· Perform client and project management duties, meeting client schedules and regulatory commitments.
· Perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
· Health Insurance
· IRA – Contribution
· Personal Time Off (PTO) (vacation and sick leave)
· Reimbursement for training
· Professional society dues
Animal Care and Habitat Apprentice
(Full Time, Permanent)
Dolphin Research Center (DRC) currently has a full-time opening for an Animal Care and Habitat Apprentice. DRC is a not-for-profit education and research facility dedicated to teaching, learning and caring about marine mammals and the environment we share.
Major duties of this position in our Animal Care and Habitat Department may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support Medical and Animal Care and Training staff with care of dolphins, sea lion, exotic birds and other DRC animals, including but not limited to weighing animals, transferring to different lagoons/habitats, in-water medical check-ups, etc.
- Participate on Manatee Rescue Team.
- Maintain records and systems.
- Assist with stocking fish within freezer.
- Maintenance of buildings, equipment, vehicles, and boats.
- Maintain and repair filtration systems.
- Perform safe removal of sea life from lagoons.
- Cleaning, maintenance, and repair of floating docks and in water fencing.
- Assist with land and water construction projects.
- Maintenance and repair of netting and dive equipment.
- Attend to plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and automotive needs.
This is NOT the position for someone hoping to transition to a marine mammal trainer.
- Successful candidate will be a flexible, responsible, organized, and motivated individual who demonstrates excellent “team player” skills.
- Must be physically fit, able to lift 75 pounds, and have a high comfort level in the water.
- Must be dedicated to the animals’ care, safety and well-beingat all times.
- Will either be diver certified or be willing to become diver certified.
- Must possess general “handy-man” skills, knowledge of dive equipment maintenance is a plus.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to work outdoors in the Florida heatand other extreme weather conditions.
DRC currently offers medical benefits, life and disability insurance plan, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, paid holidays, vacation, sick, and overtime, as well as personal growth and training opportunities. DRC seeks to provide for the well-being of its employees and our wage combined with our generous benefits creates a competitive total package that is right for our environment.
If interested, submit a resume and DRC application to Dolphin Research Center, 58901 Overseas Highway, Grassy Key, FL 33001 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 305-289-8902.
Hiring for non-clinical and clinical positions at Mariners Hospital and Fishermans Community Hospital.
Contact Human Resources to learn how you can join the Baptist Health Family as we continue to grow in the Florida Keys.
Call us today to learn more. 786-596-2207.
Visit our website at www.Careers.baptisthealth.net
Looking to hire servers.
6950 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050
Seeking Kitchen and Bath Sales Associate
- Must have cabinetry experience.
- Will train on our products.
- Knowledge of 20/20 design software preferable
- Must know us of office products
- Answering phones and deal with a walk-in client at our showroom
- Estimating of projects
- Mon-Friday 9-5
- Must have own transportation
Great benefits available.
The company is growing and will have room for personal growth within.
30,000k salary plus commision structure.
Please submit resume and email to address above to schedule for an appointment.
11500 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050
SEWER INSTALLERS/ PLUMBER AND HELPERS WANTED.
PLUMBERS MUST HAVE CLEAN DRIVERS LICENSE AND BASIC PLUMBING TOOLS
SEWER INSTALLERS JOB WILL CONSIST OF:
INSTALLING SEWER LATERALS AND DOING SEPTIC TANK ABANDONMENT.
MUST BE ABLE TO OPERATE MINI EXCAVATOR AND SKID STEER.
MUST HAVE HAND TOOLS AND CLEAN DRIVERS LICENSE.
APPLY IN PERSON AT
3RD GENERATION PLUMBING
3980 OVERSEAS HWY
MARATHON, FLORIDA 33050
(305) 743-4299 FAX
EMAIL OR FAX RESUME
PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Habitat for Humanity of the Middle Keys
Details on this Link:
The Hammocks at Marathon / Full-Time Job Opportunities
$250 Sign-on Bonus!
- Maintenance shift Technician
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
4 Weeks Paid Time Off
401(k) with Company match
$ Much more
Online > jobs.bluegreenvacations.com
In Person > The Hammocks at Marathon 1688 Overseas Highway Gulf-side Mile Marker 48
Or Call> Leslie 305-743-9009
SALT Energy is a branch of SALT Service Inc. SALT has been servicing the Keys for over 26years.
We are a well established, Keys based company that specializes in Residential and Commercial Solar installations in Florida and beyond. We are in need of SOLAR installers from Miami to The Florida Keys. The right candidate will have experience in residential and commercial Solar PV systems. They will have a working knowledge of Solar and Electrical skills. SALT strives for perfection and we are in need of workers who will take pride in their work. We prefer full time employees as we are a very busy company!
Our compensation has competitive hourly rates and Profit-Sharing for each installation!
• Must have a valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
• Must have a clean Driving Record. (will be verified)
• Pass a Background Check
• Have strong Work Ethics
• Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
• Need strong communication skills
• Must be Drug Free
• Need an understanding of OSHA standards
• Be able to work in extreme environments. This is The Keys and we service Florida, The Caribbean & Bahamas.
• Be willing to work on a roof, climb ladders and not have a fear of heights.
• Have a GOOD understanding of Electricity!
• Have related experience in Solar, Electricity and Wiring. (Please provide references)
• Have work boots & hand tools
• Be willing to drive their private vehicle to job sites when needed.
Are You Willing To TRAVEL outside the USA? We have installations scheduled anywhere from FL to the Bahamas and the Caribbean and BEYOND! Let us know if you are interested.
Looking for a yoga instructor to teach 2-3 classes a week.
Please Contact Nancy if interested!
Key Largo, Tavernier, Marathon, Big Pine, Stock Island locations are all hiring for full and part time.
Jobs: Sales Associates & Convenient Store Manager
We are looking for energetic, happy, and enthusiatic employees.
$500 recruitment bonus being paid to all newly hired employees for a limited time. (terms and conditions apply.)
Apply today at www.mytomthumb.com or call Cleveland 786-295-5307.
DPWP and EOE
Career Opportunities: Faro Blanco Resort & Yacht Club Lighthouse Grill
Front Desk Host
Overnight Security Person
Bartenders & Servers
Call 305-434-9052 or 305-434-9055 or apply in person
1996 Overseas Hwy, Marathon FL 33050
Florida Key Air Conditioning is hiring for multiple positions.
Full time, No Exp Needed, Will Train
Choose your own hours, will train, no experience necessary, must have clean driving record, 25 or older.
Early Childhood Center Now Hiring Teachers and Substitutes. Full-time and Part-time positions for staff to work in our state licensed center. Come join our team of teachers as we grow together with our children and families as God's children! Call for more information and send your resume to email@example.com. Marathon Lutheran School is a Christian ministry of Martin Luther Chapel, in Marathon.
BB & T
Responsible for overall balanced performance of branch with emphasis on consumer and small business lending, deposit acquisition and non-interest income generation. Proactively initiate, develop and manage long-term, profitable relationships with consumer and small business clients. Deliver superior quality service in-person or by phone such that client needs are met on a consistent, positive basis. Provide general supervision of branch with focus on the branch’s sales efforts.
Market Leader levels II-VI will be differentiated by deposit size, consumer and small business loan portfolio, investment goals, revenue, client households assigned to, and marketplace potential of the branch (segmentation), in addition to other criteria determined relevant by Retail Banking Manager and the Community Bank’s Branch Grading Process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Responsible for instilling the BB&T Mission, Vision and Values within the branch team.
2. Responsible for coordinating efforts to ensure BB&T client service expectations are delivered.
3. Responsible for sales management and revenue generation within the branch. Provide quality leadership, encouragement and guidance to all branch personnel, while ensuring clients receive superior client service quality.
4. Responsible for execution of BB&T’s sales process within branch through BB&T supported sales processes and other Community Bank initiatives.
5. Make proactive daily contact with clients and prospects either by phone, in-person (including, active lobby engagement using Plan-it to determine optimal times) to identify additional client financial needs, initiate client relationships, and attract and retain new client households.
6. Initiate, direct and participate heavily in outside retail and small business client development and in-house marketing programs. Responsible for branch prospecting for new consumer and small business households, as well as providing additional solutions that will expand existing household relationships.
7. Participate in civic, government, professional, business and community affairs, associations and groups to solicit and develop new consumer and small business households for the branch. Promote BB&T’s positive public image in the community.
8. Responsible for consumer and small business loan performance within the branch pertaining to growth, profitability and quality.
9. Responsible for balanced growth, servicing and profitability of Bank’s deposit products.
10. Through execution of the Consultative Sales and Service process, ensure all branch personnel proactively and aggressively market non-credit services (e.g. Payment Solutions, Insurance, Merchant, Wealth, Investments and Payroll).
11. Responsible for providing leadership and coaching to all members of the branch sales team to ensure maximum performance and attainment of personal goals and improvement plans.
12. Responsible for staffing branch team to include: hiring, goal setting, performance reviews and ratings, salary reviews, promotional transfers, terminations and training.
13. Responsible for coordinating with Area Operations Officer to ensure internal controls are maintained with a proper emphasis on operational risks. Maximize operations efficiently by managing non-interest expenses.
14. Proactively lead, manage and actively participate in consultations with the Teller Supervisor, in personnel- related duties to the Tellers, including:
a. Recruiting, interviewing and selecting
b. Training and development
c. Efficient staffing and scheduling
d. Salary administration
e. Routine coaching and counseling
f. Timely performance reviews
g. Staffing disciplinary issues
h. Management of Workday/Plan-it
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Four years of financial services experience
3. Two years of leadership experience
4. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and to handle multiple priorities under time constraints
5. Strong interpersonal, sales and relationship management skills
6. Strong written, verbal and communication skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
9. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration and applicable NMLS background check
1. Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, accounting, finance or banking
2. Completion of BB&T’s Retail Academy within six months of employment in this role
3. Graduate of BB&T’s Leadership Development Program
Experienced plumbers/helpers needed immediately for full time positions. Drivers license required and hand tools necessary. Call (305) 289-0778 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently hiring for Front Desk, Landscaping/Maintenance, and Housekeeping positions
We are located at 68500 Overseas Highway, Layton, FL 33001
All interested candidates should apply by application in person.
We require a drug test and we prefer reliable transportation, although we are on a bus route.
Contact Yesi at email@example.com
Overseas Pub & Grill is hiring for the following positions:
-Liquor Store Clerk
Please stop by for an application and ask for Betsy or Chelsey.
Located at 3574 Overseas Hwy, Marathon FL 33050