Marathon Seafood Festival
Our annual premier event featuring fresh Florida Keys seafood, live entertainment and over 200 vendors. Come sea what its all about!
Relocate to Paradise
It IS POSSIBLE to live & work in paradise here in the Islands of Marathon. Our Marathon Red Carpet Tours program is here to help you every step of the way; what are you waiting for?
If you are looking for job openings in Marathon and the Middle Florida Keys you can check our job availability below to find out how you can live and work in paradise!
Human Resources Director
Dolphin Research Center is a not-for-profit education and research facility dedicated to teaching, learning and caring about marine mammals and the environment we share.
Position Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
Recruitment & Staffing
· Oversee and manage HR Assistant functions
· Assist in development and maintenance of job descriptions
· Provide interview assistance as needed or when requested
· Provide managers with resources relating to screening and interviewing techniques
Orientation & Basic Training
· Oversee and manage HR Assistant functions
· Assist in design and implementation of orientation and training procedures
· Ensure completion of entrance checklist
· Ensure legality of all payroll procedures and processes
· Perform weekly payroll and employee maintenance for payroll functions (wage and salary administration, insurance deductions, new employee set-up, vacation benefits administration, employee loans, etc.)
· Process weekly payroll
· Assist in annual payroll budgeting
· Monthly benefits accrual reporting
· Fund HSA accounts weekly
· Fund 401(k) deposits weekly
· Administer group health insurance program
· Administer group life/short term disability program
· Assist employees with questions on insurance coverage, benefit statements, and individual claims.
· Assist in administering retirement and pension plan (401k)
· Coordinate employee assistance (loans, referrals to professionals or support groups, etc.)
· Assist Vice President of Finance and Administration in payroll budgeting and planning.
· Prepare and distribute annual Benefit Statements
· Assist in updating employee handbook and policy manual as necessary
· Communicate policies and procedures
· Ensure staffing changes are properly communicated within the organization
Employee Development & Relations
· Document employee complaints and advise on grievance procedures
· Provide coaching and counseling support to managers on employee relations skills and employment law issues
· Assist Vice President of Finance and Administration in monitoring performance appraisal process
· Maintain professional development library and resources (books, videos, tapes, etc.)
· Conflict management, dispute resolution
· Ensure completion of exit checklist
· Perform exit interviews
Policies & Procedures: Safety, Health, and Regulatory Compliance
· Administer workers compensation claims
· Administer unemployment compensation claims
· Administer payroll liens and levies such as child support, etc.
· Develop and implement policies and procedures (including safety)
· Perform presentations regarding policies, procedures, or other matters at Department Head meetings when needed.
· Track compliance with policies and procedures and maintain associated files (including safety)
· Ensure legality of HR activities and operations
· Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal labor and employment laws (or see below)
· Liaison with HR consultants and outside sources to ensure compliance with all safety, health, and regulatory issues
General and Administrative
· Provide miscellaneous administrative support as necessary to Vice President of Finance and Administration.
· Maintain employee personnel files
· Development and maintenance of HR related forms
· General correspondence, record keeping, and files maintenance
· Participate as a team member or as a back-up support as needed to achieve organizational mission and goals
· Assist in corporate sunshine activities.
Abilities & Skills
The successful candidate will be a responsible, organized, motivated, self-directed individual who demonstrates excellent “team player” skills and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and computer skills are a must. Prior HR experience is preferred and a degree in HR, business, or related discipline is a plus.
Dolphin Research Center is an equal opportunity employer
Responsible for the development and operation of an effective accounting system and financial controls relating to all Club activities. Responsible for advising and making recommendations concerning financial and control aspects of the Club. Aid in achieving overall Club objectives, policies and plans. This position reports to the Club Manager.
Hire, train and supervise the support staff.
Supervise all accounting and financial records for the Club.
Formulate, review and insure integrity of accounting and record-keeping procedures.
Prepare financial reports and operations data as required by the Board of Governors for ongoing control and budgetary planning.
Review the input of all charges, credits, and payments to member accounts. Track daily cash flow.
Review weekly payroll data and approve accounts payable vouchers.
Keep detailed records of prepaid Expense, Deferred Income, and Accrued Expense.
Close monthly activities, write up and input journal entries, run trial balances, reconcile accounts, finalize financial statements, and appropriate monthly and annual financial statements for distribution to the Board of Governors.
Update Capital Expenditure report monthly and distribute it to the Board of Governors.
Prepare monthly sales tax reports & monthly bank reconciliations.
Prepare quarterly payroll tax returns for Federal (941) and (940) and State Unemployment.
Prepare quarterly Income Summary report by line item.
Update work papers monthly year-end audit.
Set up and maintain system hardware and software in accounting; lend support to other departments.
Supervise year-end turnover in payroll, running W-2's, 1099's and required Federal and State reports.
Work with independent auditors to assist in the completion of the year-end audited financial and work papers.
Work closely with department managers, General Manager and Board of Governors in the budget process, providing historical data and forecasting assistance.
Set up new-year budget information in operating system and maintain throughout the fiscal year.
Work with the Audit Committee and independent auditors to ensure that accounting records are accurate.
Health and mobility sufficient to perform duties.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
Working Knowledge of Jonas Software
Three years or more accounting experience.
Marathon Yacht Club is an EEOC. Please send resume to email@example.com or to Marathon Yacht Club 825 33rd st. gulf, Marathon, FL 33050, With salary requirements.
PANTRY PERSON. The Marathon Yacht Club is seeking to add to its culinary team. The pantry person will be responsible for all cold food preparation for ala carte dining and buffet service. Operation hours are Tues thru Sat(no lunch) closed Monday and Sunday, (some Sundays in season). Year round position, Hourly, insurance benefits offered.
Individual should have a strong work ethic, punctual and dependable, positive and professional demeanor, teamwork oriented.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the office and fill out an application between the hour 9-5. Mon-Fri. (305) 743-6739
We are hiring at The Hammocks! Guest Services, Maintenance, Food and Beverage. Get hired on the spot!
The Marathon Yacht Club is seeking an experienced bartender/server. Part-time, full-time, year round shifts available. Flexible hours. Knowledge of fine/casual dining and Jonas POS system a plus. Please send resumes to attention, email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!
Small, growing interior design business is looking for a part time, experienced draftsman/designer to assist interior designer/owner. Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Excel and Power Point to assist with technical drawings, elevations, details, presentations and schedules for residential and commercial spaces. Some product ordering and other clerical duties will be needed as well. As business grows position has opportunity to transition into full-time employment. Position has ability to work remotely from your residence if/as needed.
Thank you, and please email your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDUCATION - SUMMER CHAPERONE
Available June 4– August 7, 2015
Dolphin Research Center currently has an opening for a qualified residential chaperone for youths in our popular DolphinLab program. See http://www.dolphins.org/dolphin_lab.php for more information about DolphinLab. Youth and Teen DolphinLabs are offered each summer for children ranging in age from 10 to 17. Classes run back to back during the summer. Each class is a week in length, running Saturday afternoons through Friday mornings.
DolphinLab is DRC’s premiere educational program. It has a lasting impact on our students, providing them with an unforgettable experience and an unparalleled education about dolphins and the environment we share. The summer chaperone should relate well with young people, yet be able to maintain discipline and control. The chaperone must be able to coordinate the movement of a group of 14 students, assist in integrating diverse personalities, and handle any emergencies which may occur during the week.
The summer chaperone is entitled to free room and board at the DolphinLab dorm, for the entire nine-week period of June 4 – August 7, 2015, during our youth and teen classes. The chaperone is also given the opportunity to participate in DolphinLab seminars and workshops. The summer chaperone is required to sleep in the upstairs quarters adjacent to the students’ rooms and may bunk in the same room with students of the same sex during full weeks. The summer chaperone, however, will have an additional room available downstairs for private space. All meals are also provided during the DolphinLab sessions. The chaperone will generally have one free night each week between classes, however, please note: there are some weeks where students may stay over for successive programs and in this case the chaperone will not have an evening off.
Qualifications: This position requires a responsible, mature individual who is energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible, and able to deal with long hours. Candidates must have extensive experience working with youth in a supervisory capacity. Previous experience in the DolphinLab program is preferred but not required.
Major Responsibilitiesinclude but are not limited to:
· Responsible for pick-ups and drop-offs of minor participants at the Key West airport; travel may be with or without a DolphinLab coordinator.
· For the first day of Lab, Saturdays: assisting DolphinLab coordinators in greeting class members, assigning dorm rooms, distributing linens, folders, and name tags, and ensuring all class members are present and ready for their first activity.
· Conduct daily continental breakfast set up and break down; preparing and cooking dinner for all minor participants each night following the last activity of the day.
· Coordinating evening educational and recreational activities for participants.
· Ensuring the dorm is kept clean and tidy; this may include sweeping/mopping the common room and kitchen floors periodically throughout the week.
· Saturday through Thursday, the chaperone must be responsible for the students from 4:30 pm until 9:00am the next day.
· Fridays are typically the chaperone’s night off, however, the chaperone may also be required to be responsible for any teens staying over in our three-week series of Basic/Intermediate/Advanced classes.
· Ensuring all students are up and ready to go in time for the first activity each morning; reviewing daily schedule with students and assisting staff with scheduling changes.
· Supporting staff in assuring students’ adherence to all DRC guidelines for grounds, dorm, and interaction with dolphins, staff, and volunteers.
· Reviewing Rules and Guidelines for minors with students and assisting staff in enforcing these. The chaperone is responsible for enforcing all rules after the last activity of the day, 4:30 p.m. until 9:00 a.m. the following morning.
· Ensuring all copies of medical information and treatment authorization forms are at the dorm. Informing staff of any medical emergencies and assisting in handling any that arise.
· Informing staff of any potential problems with student behavior or interaction that is potentially disruptive and assisting staff in dealing with them.
· Ensuring that all students complete and return program evaluations, assisting with all closing responsibilities and preparing students for timely departure.
· Accompanying students on field trips and assisting Instructors with coordination.
Salary for the position is $360 per week plus room and meals while DolphinLab is in session during the nine-week period of June 4 – August 7, 2015. The best benefit is being able to participate in the seminars and workshops for our college-accredited program, DolphinLab, at no cost. For a full-time chaperone that commits to the entire nine-week period, DRC offers a 15% gift shop discount.
Dolphin Research Center is an equal opportunity employer
Experienced Chef needed. Scratch cooking, year round position, salary plus bonus & benefits.
Full-time A.M. Baker
Apply in person.
BRUTUS SEAFOOD...Very busy restaurant....positions available....Head cook (exp. required)....Assistant manager (exp. required)...Servers...
Seeking friendly, experienced bartenders and servers. Must keep smiling no matter how busy it gets and must truly want to make a positive impact! Know how to have fun at work! Come help us build a phenomenal team at our iconic oceanfront bar & restaurant. Make a difference! Apply in person. 351 E. Ocean Dr. Key Colony Beach.
Compassionate animal lover with good people skills needed for busy practice in Marathon, Fl.
Experience required. Full time positions available.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends. Please contact Marathon Veterinary Hospital at 305-743-7099.
(Full-Time, Permanent and Temporary)
Major duties of this position in our Environmental Services Department may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in construction projects.
- Attend to electrical, plumbing and automotive needs.
- Assist in the maintenance of DRC buildings, equipment, vehicles, and boats.
- Operate DRC equipment (e.g. radios, boats, generator, etc.).
- Participate with in-water medical check-ups of DRC marine mammals.
Abilities and Skills:
- The successful candidate will be a responsible, organized, and motivated individual who demonstrates excellent “team player” skills.
- Must have general “handy-man” skills.
- Be able to work outdoors in the Florida heat.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Managing a drop-off laundry and retail shop
- Managing staff of 3-5 employees, hiring, scheduling
- Able to operate washers, dryers, cash register
- Great customer service skills
- Will be doing laundry as well as managing staff
- Laundry includes washing, drying, folding, resort laundry
Plumber needed for General Contractor in Marathon. Sewer Connection experience is a plus.
Must have own transportation, tools and be reliable. Drug free work place. Self starter with great work ethics only apply. New office with great working conditions. Wages to be determined with your experience.
A successful construction company is looking for part-time/full-time licensed Engineer. Must have Civil (residential) engineering experience. Experience in structural, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC a must.
Excellent working conditions in new office in Marathon. Professional and dependable only apply. Drug free work place.
Contact : email resume to email@example.com