Marathon Seafood Festival
Our annual premier event featuring fresh Florida Keys seafood, live entertainment and over 200 vendors. Come sea what its all about!
Relocate to Paradise
It IS POSSIBLE to live & work in paradise here in the Islands of Marathon. Our Marathon Red Carpet Tours program is here to help you every step of the way; what are you waiting for?
If you are looking for job openings in Marathon and the Middle Florida Keys you can check our job availability below to find out how you can live and work in paradise!
We are hiring at The Hammocks! Guest Services, Maintenance, Food and Beverage. Get hired on the spot!
The Marathon Yacht Club is seeking an experienced bartender/server. Part-time, full-time, year round shifts available. Flexible hours. Knowledge of fine/casual dining and Jonas POS system a plus. Please send resumes to attention, firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!
Small, growing interior design business is looking for a part time, experienced draftsman/designer to assist interior designer/owner. Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Excel and Power Point to assist with technical drawings, elevations, details, presentations and schedules for residential and commercial spaces. Some product ordering and other clerical duties will be needed as well. As business grows position has opportunity to transition into full-time employment. Position has ability to work remotely from your residence if/as needed.
Thank you, and please email your resume/CV to email@example.com.
EDUCATION - SUMMER CHAPERONE
Available June 4– August 7, 2015
Dolphin Research Center currently has an opening for a qualified residential chaperone for youths in our popular DolphinLab program. See http://www.dolphins.org/dolphin_lab.php for more information about DolphinLab. Youth and Teen DolphinLabs are offered each summer for children ranging in age from 10 to 17. Classes run back to back during the summer. Each class is a week in length, running Saturday afternoons through Friday mornings.
DolphinLab is DRC’s premiere educational program. It has a lasting impact on our students, providing them with an unforgettable experience and an unparalleled education about dolphins and the environment we share. The summer chaperone should relate well with young people, yet be able to maintain discipline and control. The chaperone must be able to coordinate the movement of a group of 14 students, assist in integrating diverse personalities, and handle any emergencies which may occur during the week.
The summer chaperone is entitled to free room and board at the DolphinLab dorm, for the entire nine-week period of June 4 – August 7, 2015, during our youth and teen classes. The chaperone is also given the opportunity to participate in DolphinLab seminars and workshops. The summer chaperone is required to sleep in the upstairs quarters adjacent to the students’ rooms and may bunk in the same room with students of the same sex during full weeks. The summer chaperone, however, will have an additional room available downstairs for private space. All meals are also provided during the DolphinLab sessions. The chaperone will generally have one free night each week between classes, however, please note: there are some weeks where students may stay over for successive programs and in this case the chaperone will not have an evening off.
Qualifications: This position requires a responsible, mature individual who is energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible, and able to deal with long hours. Candidates must have extensive experience working with youth in a supervisory capacity. Previous experience in the DolphinLab program is preferred but not required.
Major Responsibilitiesinclude but are not limited to:
· Responsible for pick-ups and drop-offs of minor participants at the Key West airport; travel may be with or without a DolphinLab coordinator.
· For the first day of Lab, Saturdays: assisting DolphinLab coordinators in greeting class members, assigning dorm rooms, distributing linens, folders, and name tags, and ensuring all class members are present and ready for their first activity.
· Conduct daily continental breakfast set up and break down; preparing and cooking dinner for all minor participants each night following the last activity of the day.
· Coordinating evening educational and recreational activities for participants.
· Ensuring the dorm is kept clean and tidy; this may include sweeping/mopping the common room and kitchen floors periodically throughout the week.
· Saturday through Thursday, the chaperone must be responsible for the students from 4:30 pm until 9:00am the next day.
· Fridays are typically the chaperone’s night off, however, the chaperone may also be required to be responsible for any teens staying over in our three-week series of Basic/Intermediate/Advanced classes.
· Ensuring all students are up and ready to go in time for the first activity each morning; reviewing daily schedule with students and assisting staff with scheduling changes.
· Supporting staff in assuring students’ adherence to all DRC guidelines for grounds, dorm, and interaction with dolphins, staff, and volunteers.
· Reviewing Rules and Guidelines for minors with students and assisting staff in enforcing these. The chaperone is responsible for enforcing all rules after the last activity of the day, 4:30 p.m. until 9:00 a.m. the following morning.
· Ensuring all copies of medical information and treatment authorization forms are at the dorm. Informing staff of any medical emergencies and assisting in handling any that arise.
· Informing staff of any potential problems with student behavior or interaction that is potentially disruptive and assisting staff in dealing with them.
· Ensuring that all students complete and return program evaluations, assisting with all closing responsibilities and preparing students for timely departure.
· Accompanying students on field trips and assisting Instructors with coordination.
Salary for the position is $360 per week plus room and meals while DolphinLab is in session during the nine-week period of June 4 – August 7, 2015. The best benefit is being able to participate in the seminars and workshops for our college-accredited program, DolphinLab, at no cost. For a full-time chaperone that commits to the entire nine-week period, DRC offers a 15% gift shop discount.
Dolphin Research Center is an equal opportunity employer
Experienced Chef needed. Scratch cooking, year round position, salary plus bonus & benefits.
Discount Rock & Sand, Inc.
o Bi-Lingual English/Spanish
o Print checks for payables
o Preparing job estimates
o Maintain Vehicle Fleet Registration / Insurance / Permits
o Maintain Company Permits, Licenses & Certificates
o Process new hires through payroll services
o General clerical functions
o Communicating with Clients & Vendors as needed
o Prepare and submit permitting applications, notice to owners, other permits
o Permitting experience Preferred
o Excellent communication skills
o Resolve order issues with suppliers/vendors
o Maintain all certificates of insurance and Releases of Liens.
o Experience with QuickBooks accounting software AP/AR
o Experience working in construction industry or related field with a minimum of 2 years
o Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a fast pace environment
o Superior Communication and organization development skills with attention to detail
o Ability to meet deadlines and comply with client requests
o Strong work ethic, high personal standards and integrity
o Proficient knowledge and practical application of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook including demonstrating proficiency in internet usage and navigation
Opportunity for advancement.
Will report to Director of Operations/Controller
NO RECRUITER CALLS
Please email resume firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time A.M. Baker
Apply in person.
BRUTUS SEAFOOD...Very busy restaurant....positions available....Head cook (exp. required)....Assistant manager (exp. required)...Servers...
Seeking friendly, experienced bartenders and servers. Must keep smiling no matter how busy it gets and must truly want to make a positive impact! Know how to have fun at work! Come help us build a phenomenal team at our iconic oceanfront bar & restaurant. Make a difference! Apply in person. 351 E. Ocean Dr. Key Colony Beach.
Compassionate animal lover with good people skills needed for busy practice in Marathon, Fl.
Experience required. Full time positions available.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends. Please contact Marathon Veterinary Hospital at 305-743-7099.
(Full-Time, Permanent and Temporary)
Major duties of this position in our Environmental Services Department may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in construction projects.
- Attend to electrical, plumbing and automotive needs.
- Assist in the maintenance of DRC buildings, equipment, vehicles, and boats.
- Operate DRC equipment (e.g. radios, boats, generator, etc.).
- Participate with in-water medical check-ups of DRC marine mammals.
Abilities and Skills:
- The successful candidate will be a responsible, organized, and motivated individual who demonstrates excellent “team player” skills.
- Must have general “handy-man” skills.
- Be able to work outdoors in the Florida heat.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Managing a drop-off laundry and retail shop
- Managing staff of 3-5 employees, hiring, scheduling
- Able to operate washers, dryers, cash register
- Great customer service skills
- Will be doing laundry as well as managing staff
- Laundry includes washing, drying, folding, resort laundry
Plumber needed for General Contractor in Marathon. Sewer Connection experience is a plus.
Must have own transportation, tools and be reliable. Drug free work place. Self starter with great work ethics only apply. New office with great working conditions. Wages to be determined with your experience.
A successful construction company is looking for part-time/full-time licensed Engineer. Must have Civil (residential) engineering experience. Experience in structural, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC a must.
Excellent working conditions in new office in Marathon. Professional and dependable only apply. Drug free work place.
Contact : email resume to email@example.com