Marathon Seafood Festival
Our annual premier event featuring fresh Florida Keys seafood, live entertainment and over 200 vendors. Come sea what its all about!
Relocate to Paradise
It IS POSSIBLE to live & work in paradise here in the Islands of Marathon. Our Marathon Red Carpet Tours program is here to help you every step of the way; what are you waiting for?
If you are looking for job openings in Marathon and the Middle Florida Keys you can check our job availability below to find out how you can live and work in paradise!Login to enter content
Admissions & Enrollment Administrator of the College of Marine Mammal Professions
Dolphin Research Center currently has a full-time opening for an Admissions and Enrollment Administrator for DRC’s College of Marine Mammal Professions (CMMP). DRC is a not-for-profit education and research facility dedicated to teaching, learning and caring about marine mammals and the environment we share. The College of Marine Mammal Professions is dedicated to preparing individuals for careers regarding marine mammals.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting and correspondence for the CMMP.
- Admissions and enrollment for the CMMP.
- Web page maintenance for the CMMP.
- Evaluating applicants with regard to program requirements.
- Maintaining student transcripts and records.
- Maintaining enrollment and placement statistics.
- Coordinating scholarship and work study programs.
- Inventory and ordering of CMMP equipment/supplies.
- Assist with:
- Licensing and accreditation process and administration
- Cataloging academic materials
- Coordinating student residence applications and facilities.
- Miscellaneous administration as assigned.
- Back up to DRC’s Education Department program registration and correspondence.
Abilities and Skills:
- The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to positively influence others regarding the CMMP’s unique educational programs.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Will be a responsible, outgoing, flexible, motivated, self-directed individual who demonstrates excellent “team player” skills.
- Will possess good speaking and able to maintain good written communications skills, be motivational and personable.
- Administrative experience and excellent computer skills are required.
- Experience with MS SharePoint desired.
- Previous experience working college registration, enrollment or administration a strong plus.
- A successful applicant will be excited about DRC and our family of dolphins and sea lions.
Position will be contingent upon candidate successfully completing required MaxKnowledge Inc. courses in college administration within the first month of hire.
DRC currently offers medical benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation, sick, and overtime, as well as personal growth and training opportunities. DRC seeks to provide for the well being of its employees and with our high benefits offers a competitive total package right for our environment.
Send resume and cover letter to Human Resources, 58901 Overseas Hwy, Grassy Key, FL 33052 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dolphin Research Center is an equal opportunity employer
Physical requirements: Must be in good physical shape, able to lift at least 80 pounds, and capable of repetitive bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and working in all climates including severe weather.
Qualifications: Must have good organizational and communication skills and a clean driver’s license. Prior aviation experience is preferred; however, we are willing to train the right person. We are looking for someone with good people skills, a friendly attitude towards customers and coworkers, and a flexible schedule that allows for work during days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Routine and mandatory urinalyses are conducted to ensure a drug-free environment. We provide excellent benefits, including competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, and Simple IRA.
If you are a qualified candidate who is able to come in for an in-person interview if requested, please contact Marathon Jet Center at 305-743-1995, 8800 Overseas Highway, Marathon, FL 33050. Hours are 7:00AM - 7:00PM daily.
Full-time A.M. Baker
Apply in person or call.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THIS YEAR'S SEAFOOD FESTIVAL!
Volunteer with your friends for 3 or 4 hours and then enjoy the festival. Volunteers recieve FREE t-shirts and FREE admission for the day!
There are many different spots available to choose from. Feel free to email or call to sign-up.
Small but growing interior design business is looking for a part time, experienced draftsman to assist interior designer/owner. Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Excel to assist with technical drawings, elevations, details and schedules for residential and commercial spaces. Some product ordering and other clerical duties will be needed as well. As business grows position has opportunity to transition into full-time employment.
Thank you, and please email your resume/CV to email@example.com.
Dolphin Research Center (DRC) currently has a full-time opening for a Habitat Specialist. DRC is a not-for-profit education and research facility dedicated to teaching, learning and caring about marine mammals and the environment we share.
Major duties of this position in our Environmental Services Department may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintenance and repair of animals’ habitats, such as docks, lagoons, fences, land structures, etc., including underwater construction.
- Maintain fish stock within freezer.
- Staff training for fence handling.
- Perform fish catching, netting, and removal of sea life from lagoons.
- Perform lagoon fence cleaning.
- Participate in in-water medical check-ups.
- Maintenance and repair of netting and dive equipment.
- Participate on Manatee Rescue Team.
- Participate in animal necropsy.
- Maintain records and systems.
· Successful candidate will be a responsible, organized, and motivated individual who demonstrates excellent “team player” skills.
· Must be diver certified, physically fit, and able to lift 75 pounds.
· Must work well with animals and have knowledge of dive equipment maintenance and repairs.
· Must have a clean driving record.
DRC currently offers medical benefits, life and disability insurance plan, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, paid holidays, vacation, sick, and overtime, as well as personal growth and training opportunities. DRC seeks to provide for the well being of its employees and our salary combined with our generous benefits creates a competitive total package that is right for our environment.
Dolphin Research Center is an equal opportunity employer
Compassionate animal lover with good people skills needed for busy practice in Marathon, Fl.
Experience required. Full time positions available.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends. Please contact Marathon Veterinary Hospital at 305-743-7099.
Front Desk Agent wanted for the Sombrero Resort & Marina, Marathon, FL.
Must be upbeat and enjoy the work experience! Strong interpersonal and sales skills a must.
Experienced with the Visual 1 Property Management System is a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is a must.
Duties include making reservations, processing payments and responding to guest inquiries. Bi-lingual skills a plus. You will have the opportunity to assist with the marketing and will be a key member of the Customer Service Team.
This position is a Part-Time position possibly leading to full time with some On Call duties. Current Driver's License and vehicle needed.
We Are Looking for Great Front Desk Agent who is optimistic, positive, trustworthy, dedicated, detail oriented and wants to be part of a Team.
Apply on-site from 8 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday. Qualified applicants will receive an immediate interview.
Sombrero Resort & Marina
19 Sombrero Blvd
Marathon, FL 33050
Location: Marathon, FL
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
Position requires a professional that has experience and pasison for:
Customer Service, Communications, and is Highly Organized!
If you enjoy sales, working with people, and being part of a high energy, hard working and producing Professinal Real Estate Team; then this may be a great opportunity for you get into professional Real Estate with one of the Florida Keys top Real Estate Agents!
Skills needed: Computer skills, communication skills, works well with others in team environment.
Some basic classes will be required from time to time to learn some of the (real estate) programs. They are mostly a few hours at a time and taught here in Marathon.
Pay: $30,000.00/year. If you are a licensed agent you can do commission if you’d like.
Full time position 8:30AM to 5:00PM Monday-Friday; 1 hour lunch with occasional Saturdays.